Building a Privacy Fence

I need to know if l need longer posts, if I step off on a privacy fence with a drop of about twenty inches from point a to b? I also need to know that if I place the panels on center won't there be a partial reveal of the post at the top when the next panel is dropped in place?

By bosherbob from Colonie, NY

Just step it down a little as you go down the hill. I made my post higher with a decorative top. It takes a little time to do this but it makes the fence look so much better. All I did was 45 deg. cut on top and about 45 deg. notch about 5" down from top. They look like a line of light post running down fence line. I know everybody has their own taste.

Privacy Fence
Building a Privacy Fence
Home and Garden Home Improvement FencesAugust 7, 2009
Building a Fence, Six Foot Tall Cedar Fence with Blue Sky in the Background
Building a Fence
House Surround by Plants
Adding Privacy With Plants
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
Privacy Hedge
Growing a Privacy Hedge