Removing Rust Stains from a Linoleum Flooring

When metal has rusted on this material, it can be difficult to remove. This guide is about removing rust stains from linoleum flooring.

Linoleum Flooring
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Apply full strength distilled white vinegar directly to tough linoleum stains. Leave it on 10-15 minutes before wiping up. If that doesn't work, apply it again and sprinkle baking soda over the vinegar. Scrub with brush or sponge. Rinse with clean water.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have an old linoleum floor in my basement and there's a pretty big rust stain on the floor. What could I use to remove it? I've already tried a few products that are supposed to remove rust, but had no luck. Any ideas? I can't afford to replace the floor.

By Karen from Warren, MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If there is wax on the floor, be certain to remove it, before attempting to remove the rust...The wax will prevent you from being able to remove the rust, if the rust is under the wax!

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsMay 12, 2013
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Bathroom with vinyl flooring.
Removing Stains on Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 8:59:40 PM on 10.0.0.209 in 397 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.