Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Rust Stains from a Linoleum Flooring

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Linoleum Flooring

When metal has rusted on this material, it can be difficult to remove. This guide is about removing rust stains from linoleum flooring.

Solutions: Removing Rust Stains from a Linoleum Flooring

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Removing Stains on Linoleum

Apply full strength distilled white vinegar directly to tough linoleum stains. Leave it on 10-15 minutes before wiping up. If that doesn't work, apply it again and sprinkle baking soda over the vinegar. Scrub with brush or sponge. Rinse with clean water.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Removing Rust Stains from a Linoleum Flooring.

Question: Rust Stain on Linoleum Floor

I have an old linoleum floor in my basement and there's a pretty big rust stain on the floor. What could I use to remove it? I've already tried a few products that are supposed to remove rust, but had no luck. Any ideas? I can't afford to replace the floor.

By Karen from Warren, MI

Most Recent Answer

By Sharon Cross [12]11/20/2009

If there is wax on the floor, be certain to remove it, before attempting to remove the rust...The wax will prevent you from being able to remove the rust, if the rust is under the wax!