These cute little pilgrim hats make great place cards for your Thanksgiving table that guests can take with them.
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- 3 inch terra cotta flower pot
- black acrylic paint
- blue, red, or green acrylic paint
- black craft foam
- yellow craft foam
- foam brush or paint brush
- craft glue
- black permanent marker
- Using a sponge brush or paint brush, paint the entire pot black and allow it to dry.
- Choose a color to paint the band around the top of the pot (blue, red, green, etc.). Let it dry.
- Cut a circle from black foam. Cut it about 1/2 inch wider all around than the pot opening. You can use an appropriate size lid, dish, or cup to trace.
- Place a small amount of glue on the rim of the pot and glue onto the black foam circle.
- To make the buckle, measure the width of the band of the pot (the portion painted a different color). Cut a rectangle out of foam that measures about 1/8 inch deeper than the band on the pot. Glue it to the band. Let the glue dry.
- Use a black permanent marker to write the guest's name on the colored band, and allow it to dry before using.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 26, 2016 at 10:08:21 PM on 10.0.2.42 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us