Color Washing Off a Vinca When I Water It

The color washes off the bright pink annual vinca I planted when I water it. I've never had that happen with a plant before. Does this happen with all the brightly colored vincas? The light pink ones I have look great.

Debbie from Valdosta, GA

Answers

Flower color is at the cellular level. Some bright colors simply are more sensitive and fade quicker then others.

I wonder if the minerals in the water could be altering the color. You are able to change the color of hydrangeas from pink to blue by changing the mineral content of the soil and additives to the water. Maybe vinca responds the same way...

Home and Garden Gardening AnnualsMay 3, 2007
Perennial Vinca with Purple Flowers
Growing Perennial Vinca
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 1:58:00 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 913 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.