Paint Recommendations for a Range Hood - Categories:

Maintenance and RepairHome Improvement

Paint Recommendations for a Range Hood

When we purchased this home, the kitchen color was still in the 70s. There was an olive green hood blaring at me. I took it outside and sanded the entire thing to the metal. I primed and spray painted it inside and out with Krylon, "stone". (it had 3 colors in it black, cream, and beige). I used 3 cans. I also used one small can of polyurethane to seal.

I painted the imitation paneling, a cream to match the hood. I like what I got. That was 4 yrs ago and now I need to redo the hood as it is beginning to need help on the inside from all the years of washing off oil from deep fried chicken, yum. The outside of the hood is still as good as the day I painted it.
My question is, is there something I can color the inside with that can take the obsessive cleaning?
Thank you.

By Phanay from Sequoia Gateway, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I would try either using engine paint or paint for a BBQ after degreasing and sanding. It comes in all kinds of colors.

How about Rustoleum paint? For appliances!

Oh thank you so much Rberg!

Whatever brand, you should look for the words "appliance paint" on the can as it is about the most durable spray paint you will find. "High temperature" spray paints or engine paints are also very useful for this type of application.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairSeptember 6, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
Range Hood Filter
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 1:49:25 AM on 10.0.0.176 in 520 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.