Making A Purse Out Of A Dog Food Bag

How do you make a purse out of a dog food bag?

Tammy from Crescent Springs, KY

Best Answer

If the bag is made of two layers (paper on the outside, waxed paper on the inside) I would separate the two layers and discard the inside layer. Then use clear Contact paper to laminate the paper. Now look on ThriftyFun or Google for a pattern using Capri Sun drink packets. Hope this helps.

I'm sorry to ask this, but why would you want to? It would get a rancid smell. Perhaps a different bag? If you just want the outer label part, I'm sure you could separate it, photocopy it onto iron-on transfer paper, and then iron it onto a cotton fabric.

I don't want to use it as a purse. I would like to use it as a travel bag for my dog's treats or dog food. I wanted to create something that resembled that plus help the environment and recycle. Thanks for asking.