Making A Purse Out Of A Dog Food Bag

How do you make a purse out of a dog food bag?

Tammy from Crescent Springs, KY

Best Answer

If the bag is made of two layers (paper on the outside, waxed paper on the inside) I would separate the two layers and discard the inside layer. Then use clear Contact paper to laminate the paper. Now look on ThriftyFun or Google for a pattern using Capri Sun drink packets. Hope this helps.

I'm sorry to ask this, but why would you want to? It would get a rancid smell. Perhaps a different bag? If you just want the outer label part, I'm sure you could separate it, photocopy it onto iron-on transfer paper, and then iron it onto a cotton fabric.

I don't want to use it as a purse. I would like to use it as a travel bag for my dog's treats or dog food. I wanted to create something that resembled that plus help the environment and recycle. Thanks for asking.

Reusing Pet Food Bags
Reusing Pet Food Bags
Crafts Recycled CraftsMay 8, 2008
Dog Food Bag Rug
Making a Dog Food Bag Rug
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Craft Organizer From Dog Food Bag
Making an Organizer from Pet Food Bags