Recommendations for All-Season Truck Tires

I need information on good winter/summer (all season or all terrain) tires for my F-150 super crew pick up. I am in the market for four new tires and they can be spendy (up to 200 dollars per tire). So I want people's opinion on the kind of tires they have and why they like or dislike them. We live in an area that gets a lot of snow and also slushy, freezing type precipitation. Has anyone used Nokian Vatiiva All Purpose Passenger, SUV, and light truck tires or Firestone Destination All-terrain tires as those are the two types we are looking at buying.

jho from Chassell

Cooper mud and snow radial made in east Tennessee, are top quality, with good traction, and long tread life. They cost more but are well worth it.

Required by law, all tires are branded with a rating and other useful information such as the date they were manufactured. My suggestion is to visit the government website for tire ratings, It will tell you how the tires are rated and you can compare your choices. It will also educate you on how to read the information that is contained on every tire. It has certainly helped me to identify old "new" tires and to avoid purchasing an inferior tire. Good luck!

Do your research at NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration has rated 2400 models of tires at this site. Then go to a BJ's or SAM's club to purchase them making sure to look inside the tire for the date of manufacture.

All season tires are not actually intended for winter. If you get temperatures lower that 7 C (about 42F) you should be using winter tires. Winter tires are worth the investment, and since you use them only in the winter, they really are not any more expensive. Save the all-seasons for spring, summer, and fall.

I just bought Fortera triple tread any weather tires. Rain,Ice,dry They Are the best tires I drive a Tahoe SUV and live in Florida lots of rain these tires go through water so smooth I'm glad I spent the extra money on these tires. (Goodyear)

New Tires
Buying Tires
Consumer Advice Product Reviews AutomotiveNovember 11, 2008
Stack of Free Tires
Locating Free Tires
brightly colored tire planters
Reusing Tires in the Garden
Man Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck