Butter With Less Saturated Fat - Categories:

DietingFood Tips

Butter With Less Saturated Fat

This tip is one that I have been using for health reasons, but is also a thrifty tip. Especially since the price of a pound of butter has about doubled recently. Since I have to restrict saturated fat in my diet, and the trans fats in margarine are not good either, I take one pound of butter, which has saturated fat, and mix it with a blender into an equal amount (2 cups) of light olive oil, which replaces half the saturated fat with healthier monounsaturated fat . It retains that good butter taste, and spreads easily cold from the fridge. All pluses in my book!

By Harlean from AR

I have to cut back too (we all should) I love the tast of butter. This one is a must try.

Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingApril 23, 2004
Grilled Scallops
Recipes Using Scallops
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Cheeses with Less Fat
Choosing Cheeses with Less Fat
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:47:16 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.