Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These colorful skewers contain scallops, which are naturally low in total and saturated fat.
1. Perboil green peppers for 2 minutes.
2. Alternately thread first three ingredients on skewers.
3. Combine next five ingredients.
4. Brush kabobs with wine/oil/lemon mixture, place on grill (or under broiler).
5. Grill 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
Yield:4 servings--Serving Size: 6 oz scallop kabob
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 43 mg
Sodium: 355 mg
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
There is absolutely NO reason to parboil the green peppers first. 15 minutes on the grill is more than enough time for them to cook.