Shish Kabob Tips and Recipes

If you like heat and sweet you'll love this easy glaze! I used pork the first time, but it's also good with chicken; will be trying with beef and jumbo shrimp too. (If you decide to use shrimp remember that it cooks in about half the time as other meats do. Also, double skewer them for easy turning.)

• 2 Tbsp. Sriracha sauce
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 2 lbs. meat of choice, cut into 1 inch cubes

Directions:

Heat grill to medium high and lightly oil grill plate.

Stir together Sriracha and honey in a small bowl.

Skewer the meat, grill for 6 minutes, turn over, brush generously with glaze, grill another 6 minutes, remove from heat, brush with more glaze and serve.

Note: Follow the directions by not brushing the glaze onto the meat until the first side has cooked and you've turned it over because honey burns easily. You want the glaze to be caramelized, but not overly charred. The second reason is because your glaze will not be tainted by the brush having touched raw meat and then dipped back into the glaze.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

12 More Solutions

Yummy whether one inch cubes of beef, pork or chicken.

I was watching a neighbor grill assorted types of meat kabobs on our shared apartment community gas grill, and noticed that he was using metal skewers for some and bamboo skewers for others.

When grilling, like "Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs", I thread each item on separate skewers, chicken on one skewer, onions on one skewer, mushrooms on one, etc.

I have found a way to cut costs on meats. If you have a large family, this will also help on costs of meats and vegetables. I went to an Adult Birthday Party and all the meat was served kabob style.

Pour salad dressing over meat cubes; refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours. Dip vegetables in marinade, then alternate with meat on skewers.

After removing cooked food, push skewers through a soap-filled steel wool pad before putting them into water. It will loosen the gunk and make washing them much easier.

A really good way to have kielbasa is on a shish kabob. I just cut them into 1 inch slices and also take sirloin steak cut into 1 inch (approx) squares, cut onion and green bell pepper into small pieces--big enough so they don't fall apart when you skewer them.

With no added salt and very little oil in the marinade, these broiled or grilled kabobs made with skinless chicken breasts are lower in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.

I am wanting to make some chicken with sausage kabobs.Does anyone have a marinade recipe they would like to share?

Sabrina from Council, N.C.

Answers

HI! As far as the Kabobs I would do the chicken and sausage seperate. For the chicken(about 4 skinless boneless breasts) I use
1 1/2 cup Terryiaki sauce
4 tablespoons of spicy brown mustard
1 med clove of garlic (smooshed) (not the tech. term for it but it will do)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
pepper to taste
mix it well with a fork cooking
reserve 1/4 mixture to pour over cx after cooking
add chicken
(great a day ahead but still good after 30 min marinating)
grill (you can add bruised chive as well)
for the sausage I would just brush on a little butter ( or spray butter YUM!) salt pepper grill as a whole then cut after resting... hey I am a still learning but I hope this helps my husband and friends loved it! (side dish I served a light mixed salad and some buttered rice) HAVE A GREAT 4th!!!

Answer this Question

This is a page about mess-free kabob assembly. With a little ingenuity you can make assemplying a kabob faster and less messy.

Mess-Free Kabob Assembly

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

In Iran, lamb and mutton are used more often than chicken or beef. These delicious lamb kabobs are perfect as a main course or as appetizers.

A skewer of Persian Lamb Kabobs with roasted vegetables.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

What are the best skewers for shish ka bob so that the food doesn't start to spin when you rotate the skewer?

Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillOctober 12, 2012
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Shish-Kabob-Tips-and-Recipes.html