Recipes Using Scallops
The meat of these shellfish are naturally low in total and saturated fat. They are delicious a baked, fried and simmered in sauces. This page contains recipes using scallops
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
In our household, this is one of our favorite go to meals to bring to lunch. It's delicious, filling and very healthy. We bought scallops on sale. To stretch the scallops more we cut them in half, so we get more bites to eat!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4-6 people
- 1 lb scallops
- 1/2 package mushrooms
- 6 carrots
- 1/2 package green peas
- 1 small white onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp black bean chili sauce
- dash paprika
- dash sea salt
- dash granulated garlic
- dash black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- This recipe cook time is assuming you already have your quinoa prepared. If not, follow package to cook quinoa.
- First, clean scallops and cut in half. 1 lb of scallops was about 20 pieces. Dash of paprika, salt, garlic and black pepper. Set aside.
- Prep vegetables. Cut carrots, onions, garlic and mushrooms. Also put half of the frozen green peas in a bowl.
- In a pot, on high heat add olive oil, half garlic and some onion to caramelize. Then add the scallops in and sauté for 5 minutes and set scallops aside in a bowl.
- Using the same pot, on high heat, add dash of olive oil and remaining garlic and some onions allow to caramelize.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for about 3-5 minutes. Then add, carrots for another 3-5 minutes. Add chili sauce with black bean paste and mix. Then add green peas for 1 minute.
- Since the green peas were frozen when the vegetables are cooked, it adds moisture. You will want to drain all the water out.
- After draining your cooked vegetables, add them to the large pot with your cooked quinoa and the scallops cooked earlier. Then throughly mix together until everything is incorporated.
Optional: garnish with cilantro.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside. Whisk together yogurt and chicken broth in a small bowl, and set aside.Read More...
Mix together butter, bread crumbs, garlic, minced onion, parsley, water, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Form into roll and wrap in waxed paper. Chill garlic butter until firm, at least 1 hour.Read More...
October 4, 20050 found this helpful
Add the garlic, scallions, and red chili and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the carrots and celery and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and scallops and stir-fry for 1 minute.<Read More...
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I am looking for an easy recipe using scallops. Any suggestions?
By Sabrina Barr from Council, NC
August 23, 20090 found this helpful
I like to put about half a stick of butter in a pie pan. Add the scallops & kind of roll them around in the butter.
Add a layer of flavored breadcrumbs & bake until just barely browned. Don't over cook. Delicious!
August 23, 20090 found this helpful
Well aren't you smart! I'll give that a try. Thank you.
Answer this Question...
August 24, 20090 found this helpful
Our favorite and only way is to cook them on the grill. This only applies to the larger sea scallops. Seasoning is not necessary. They caramelize from their natural sweetness. Just be careful not to overcook.