Garlic Basil Scallops
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
July 14, 2019
Scallops are one of my favourite meats. One serving has around 100 calories and 20 grams of protein. Not to mention they are absolutely delicious! Skip spending huge bucks on them at the restaurant and make them yourself at home. Sometimes people struggle with cooking scallops, the end result being either undercooked or rubbery and overcooked. Here is a surefire way to cook them perfectly in a pan in just minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 9 minutes
- 12 large scallops
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2 large slices of lemon
- Prepare your basil leaves by stacking them and rolling them tightly like a cigar, then slice them into long strips.
- Use a paper towel to pat the scallops dry. This will keep them from releasing liquids in the pan and will keep them nicely seared and not rubbery.
- Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, place the scallops into the pan, seasoned-side-down. Cook for about 2 minutes without touching them.
- Add a bit more salt and pepper to the tops, then flip over and cook for 1 minute. The scallops should not struggle to flip. If they are sticking to the pan, allow to cook a tiny bit longer, then flip.
- Add the butter and garlic and swirl it all around the pan. Cook another minute or 2, then remove from heat.
- Immediately add the basil, then squeeze lemon juice all over. Serve immediately.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.