Pie Crust Always Breaks When Cut

I'm baking a pie for Christmas, but when I cut pies the crust always gets broken and the pie usually tends to fall apart. I want to make a perfect pie for my family so does anybody have any tips? Also if you have any fun pie recipe ideas I'd love to know! Thanks.

By Lilly from Cody, WY

I am probably too late for you to give you any tips but here is an excellent site that you can refer to. Sometimes when I am rolling out a pie crust to get it to my pie pan, I roll it up on the rolling pin and then place it in the pan. This works fairly well too.

This makes a perfect crust every time: Combine 1/2 cup of oil with 7 tablespoons of ice water. Beat til creamy. To avoid oil separation, pour all at once over 2 cups of flour. Mix, form into ball, & roll out between two squares of waxed paper. (Prepare pastry just before use; don't store.)

Maybe baking it a bit too long? Try covering the crusted area with strips of foil. That used to be used back in the 40, 50, etc. Uneven heat in the kinds of ovens used. Whether gas, wood stove, etc.

A photo of a baked fruit pie.
Making Pie Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Pies Pie CrustDecember 24, 2010
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
cheesecake with graham cracker crust
Dessert Ideas With a Graham Cracker Crust
Pie Crust Recipes
Pie Crust Recipes
Photo of vanilla wafer cookies which can be used to make pie crust.
Cookie Pie Crust Recipes