Butter Pecan Cake

Butter-Pecan Cake I

This is the easiest and best cake. It doesn't even need icing.

Ingredients

• 1 pkg Betty Crocker Butter Pecan Cake Mix (or spice cake mix)
  • Ad
  • 1 cup water
  • 3/4 cup cooking oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 container coconut-pecan frosting (the kind you use to frost a German Choc. cake)

Directions

Mix all ingredients well. Pour into tube pan or bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

I have made this with a German chocolate cake mix but the butter pecan cake mix is best.

Source: This recipe was given to me by my mother.

By Luv to Cook from NC

Butter-Pecan Cake II

Ingredients

• 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 3 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup shortening
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • finely chopped pecans

Directions

Sift first 4 ingredients together into bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Add shortening and 3/4 cup milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Add eggs, remaining 1/4 cup milk and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes longer. Stir in 3/4 cup pecans. Pour into greased and floured 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with additional pecans.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Do you mix the container of frosting IN with the cake batter? Or just use it for frosting?

No, I wouldn't mix in the frosting with the other ingredients when making the cake. It was added just in case you wanted to frost the cake later.

Do you have a recipe for cream cheese frosting to go with the pecan cake? Thank You, Joyce

This is great! Very moist! A lady at the supermarket told me about this recipe and how much she and her husband liked it so much, so I got a box of cake mix, but no recipe for it was on the box. I started looking online and found your recipe and knew it was the one she had told me about. Thanks!

Actually it's great when you mix the frosting in with the cake mix. I've been making the cake that way for months now and my son loves it! :-)

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesAugust 26, 2008
Pecan Pie Cake Recipes
Pecan Pie Cake Recipes
Pecan Dessert Sticky Bun
Pecan Dessert Recipes
Pecan Pie
Pecan Pie Recipes
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
🎉
🎄