Homemade Yogurt Recipe

Would anyone have a recipe for homemade yogurt made with skim milk powder, Knox plain gelatin, and water? It is then left overnight in an oven that has been preheated to 200 and then turned off.

I used to make it, but lost the recipe so I don't know what quantities I need.

By Katie from Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.p ... amp;Search=Search&Searcht=Search

To make my homemade yogurt I purchased a yogurt maker from Amazon.com

The first time I made the yogurt it didn't solidify properly and was very runny. But the second time that I made it while mixing it on the stove I added 2 tablespoons of corn starch and it came out perfect.

I make mine from powdered milk.

I have made yogurt many times, for many years. It takes 1tablespoon of yogurt, per 1 cup of milk. I would make the powdered milk like the directions say, then use a cup of it per tbsp of yogurt. I use to use gelatin, but I don't anymore. The gelatin boxes have how much to use per cup of liquid & use it like that. I have never put it in the oven.

What I do is, mix & put it in a warm place on my stove, it's gas & has pilot lights. This gives it the warmth it needs... Years ago, I had a small counter between my built in oven & my fridg. I would mix it, cover lightly with plastic wrap & put it closest to the fridg. The warm air coming from the fridg would do it.

It takes about 24hours for my yogurt, I use cream & milk. It is a misconception, that fat makes you fat. It's the carbs that do it & by consuming less fat, it just goes into your blood stream faster, which yor brain & body can't handle, then your pancreas just secretes more insulin & stores that excess glucose as fat. Fat also is the building blocks of all the hormones in your body. So use regular milk & cream, with stevia & xylitol. It will last longer in your body & satisfy better. Fat is the element that your body recognizes & tells it you are satisfied & don't need to eat more & more often.

Greetings to my neighbor to the north! Here's a recipe I've had in my collection for ages but have never used. Maybe it's the one you need?

Plain Yogurt With Gelatin

1 envelope unflavored gelatin

2 tablespoons cold water

1 quart 2% or skim milk

3 tablespoons plain yogurt, room temperature

1/3 cup dry milk powder

In a small cup soften gelatin in cold water about 5 minutes.

Pour one cup milk in a bowl. Add dry milk and stir till dissolved. Rinse a 2-quart saucepan with water. Pour in remaining 3 cups milk, dissolved dry milk and gelatin.

Heat milk gently to 190 degrees F (90-99 degrees C). Remove protein film.

In a small bowl, stir yogurt until creamy. Mix about 1/3 cup milk into yogurt, then add the rest.

Incubate 3-4 hours at 110 degrees. Chill before serving. Makes about 1 quart.

To make flavored yogurt, refrigerate 15 minutes, then fold in fruit flavorings.

I tried one of these recipes for homemade yogurt with powdered milk. I love it! Never again will I buy store bought yogurt. There is just no comparison in taste. Homemade is so much better, smoother tasting.

Thanks to all who posted their recipes. I had not heard of some of them but I appreciate the time you took to answer. God Bless you all. Katie Genereux Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada

Homemade yogrut in a brown bowl.
Homemade Yogurt Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes DairyMay 8, 2009
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk