Watering Dog Wood Trees

I bought some weeping cherry trees and a dog wood trees from a different area last spring online. I lost some of them as they were very small saplings. The ones that are living now are in my veranda and get limited sunlight. I have an automatic watering system. Both the dog wood and the weeping cherry trees have a lot of leaves but they are turning brown at the ends. Am I watering too much or still too little? Please help. I can send photos if you need them.

Valerie from Fallbrook, California

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have no experience with these particular trees, but in my gardening experience, lack of light is often a major culprit with shrubs and trees.

As far as watering, check the soil. If it is drying out, they are likely not getting enough water. Are these trees in the ground or in pots?

Home and Garden Gardening TreesJuly 10, 2008
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:33:54 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.