Feed Your Pet in the Carrier

To acclimate your cat or dog to its carrier and so they'll have something good associated with it, feed them in their carrier. That way, it will not only be easier to take them to the vet, but if there's ever an emergency, it won't be hard to get them in it. Also, if you make the same sound each time you feed them, and you need them to come in an emergency, you can make that "time for food" sound and they'll come running!

By Cyinda from Seattle

ALSO, make certain that you WASH the carrier with some gentle detergent and rinse well between uses because they associate odors with where it's been. If it sits to dry near their own environment they will give you less trouble going into it.

God bless you and your pet.

Lynda

Richardson, TX

Instead of actually feeding them in the carrier, I give my dogs their special treats in there. With their food they may or may not be hungry at the time you want them to go in. But I've never known a dog yet to turn down a treat, hungry or not! Especially if it's one that they really especially love, but don't get very often. With mine, that's cheese.

Cat in Carrier
Using Cat Carriers
Pets AdviceApril 10, 2008
Photo of a pet carrier made from a plastic tub.
Homemade Pet Carrier Ideas
Baby Carrier Cover
Handmade Baby Carrier Cover
Fire Wood Carrier
Making a Fire Wood Carrier
A tuxedo cat sitting in front of his food.
How Much Should I Feed My Cat?
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 5:53:40 PM on 10.0.0.167 in 906 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.