Using Cat Carriers

Category Cats
There are ways to make your own car carriage, and ways to use your carrier that you may not have thought of. This is a guide about using cat carriers.

I get exhausted trying to get my cats into the pet carrier when it is time to go to the vet or getting a picture taken with Santa, etc. It would be easier if I had a larger carrier, but they are expensive.

My kitten, Zephy, jumped in this empty soda box the other day. I need to take her to the vet to get shots soon and thought, "Wow, an instant PET TAXI! Now I won't have to go buy one!

I took three cats in to the vet today to be altered. I taped a card to each carrier with the cat's name, color, temperament, and my name and phone number. One of them is quite feral, and it is important that the staff know that before opening the carrier.

They were very grateful for the information on each cat. Also, at the end of the visit, they can match up carriers to cats for the return trip home.

To acclimate your cat or dog to its carrier and so they'll have something good associated with it, feed them in their carrier. That way, it will not only be easier to take them to the vet, but if there's ever an emergency, it won't be hard to get them in it.

This is a guide about homemade pet carrier ideas. Buying one or more pet carriers can get quite expensive.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for ideas for my dogs. I have a mini Pin/Chi (5 months) and a 6 yr old full size Cowpie. They love to ride on the 4 wheelers, the Kubota tractor, riding lawn mowers, anything that I get on they want on. At first they will run and play, but when they get tired they want to ride with me and if I don't put them on with me they will run after me.

So not to run over them I have a laundry basket that I will tie down to put them in and cover half with a rag so they have shade. Does anyone have any ideas that would help me? I am also needing ideas for a carrying bag. I don't want to have to buy anything; I want to be able to recycle things around the house.

By Renee M.