Cake Crumbs for Chocolate Truffles

Does anyone know how much a regular boxed cake mix weighs after being baked? I have a recipe for Chocolate Truffles I would like to make for Valentines Day that uses cake crumbs. But my oven is broken, so I was going to substitute the equivalent of store bought pound cake for the baked boxed cake mix. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

By Tim from WV

Maybe you could use oreo cookies instead. there is a recipe for those in Kraftfoods and

You can find it on google also. just type in OREO truffles.

When you get the pound cake, use only enough of it to make what you think you will need to do the truffles with. Then add enough of the other ingredients to get the consistency you want. I don't know what recipe you are using, so it is really impossible to tell you how much to use. I hope this helps.

Here is a recipe for truffles using a Sara Lee pound cake from the store. Perhaps you could compare recipes and adapt from there.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 13, 2010
Cracker Crumbs on Wooden Cutting Board
Using Cracker Crumbs
A bowl of potato chips.
Recipes Using Potato Chips
A sundae made with a brownie and ice cream.
Uses for Brownies (and Brownie Crumbs)
Homemade chocolate truffles.
Homemade Truffles