Hearts Wall Hanging
Here is a simple and inexpensive craft for all your favorite Valentines.
- three purchased wooden hearts. I used 3 inch hearts.
- white acrylic paint
- about a yard of pre-gathered 1/2 inch lace trim, (10 inches for each heart)
- about a yard each of 2 sizes of pearl trim (small and tiny)
- about 2 yards of 1/4 inch wide ribbon
- enough small faux flowers and leaves for the three hearts.
- low temp. glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint one side of each heart and let dry. I left them overnight.
- Hot glue the right side of lace onto back side of each heart along the edge, following the contour of the hearts.
- On the front of each heart, glue two rows of the pearl trim; first the small pearl trim along the edge and then the tiny pearl trim under that.
- Arrange small bunches of the flowers and leaves and glue to bottom of each heart near the point.
- Form large double bows about 4 loops, 5 inches each, for each heart and secure in the center with a bit of glue.
- Fold a 7 inch piece of ribbon in half and add to center of bow.
- Glue all in place on top of flower stems at bottom of hearts.
- Cut an 18 inch piece of ribbon and fold the top 6 inches in half to form a loop to hang the piece.
- Glue the hearts on to the remaining ribbon at equal intervals. All ready to give to a loved one.
By Janet from Long Island NY
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 8:22:15 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us