Hearts Wall Hanging
Here is a simple and inexpensive craft for all your favorite Valentines.
- three purchased wooden hearts. I used 3 inch hearts.
- white acrylic paint
- about a yard of pre-gathered 1/2 inch lace trim, (10 inches for each heart)
- about a yard each of 2 sizes of pearl trim (small and tiny)
- about 2 yards of 1/4 inch wide ribbon
- enough small faux flowers and leaves for the three hearts.
- low temp. glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint one side of each heart and let dry. I left them overnight.
- Hot glue the right side of lace onto back side of each heart along the edge, following the contour of the hearts.
- On the front of each heart, glue two rows of the pearl trim; first the small pearl trim along the edge and then the tiny pearl trim under that.
- Arrange small bunches of the flowers and leaves and glue to bottom of each heart near the point.
- Form large double bows about 4 loops, 5 inches each, for each heart and secure in the center with a bit of glue.
- Fold a 7 inch piece of ribbon in half and add to center of bow.
- Glue all in place on top of flower stems at bottom of hearts.
- Cut an 18 inch piece of ribbon and fold the top 6 inches in half to form a loop to hang the piece.
- Glue the hearts on to the remaining ribbon at equal intervals. All ready to give to a loved one.
By Janet from Long Island NY
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 5, 2016 at 11:00:23 AM on 10.0.0.215 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us