How to Make a Rainbow Pennant Wall Hanging
Using felt and glue makes the assembly of this creative wall hanging quick and easy. Your child will love having it in their room. This is a guide about how to make a rainbow pennant wall hanging.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a very inexpensive, easy to make pennant flag wall banner decor for a kids room, nursery, or playroom. It is safe to hang on the wall and is made with just felt!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 flag
- felt glue
- wooden dowel
- scrap paper
- The theme for this pennant flag is a rainbow, clouds, and stars. I used assorted felt that I had on hand featuring the colors: navy, gold, pink, baby blue, lavender, and white.
- Pick a base color of your choice for the pennant flag. I went with a navy blue. Using a ruler and pen, trim the navy felt to look like a pennant flag and set aside.
- Time to work on the rainbow, using a scrap piece of paper cut a half round shape like a mountain which will be used as a guide to make the different colored rainbow rings. Each time you make a ring, cut a piece from the scrap paper mountain shape until you are completed with your rainbow.
- Free hand or draw clouds and cut two pieces out.
- Lay your pieces out on the pennant flag and since it looked like I was missing more details, I decided to cut assorted star pieces in gold to add to the background.
- Time to glue everything down.
- Flip the flag over, wrap a little piece of the felt around the wooden dowel and glue down.
- To hang the pennant flag wall banner decor, use string and wrap around the sides of the wooden dowel then tie a knot. Ready to hang!