WallsHome Decor

Pennant Flag Wall Decor

Here is a very inexpensive, easy to make pennant flag wall banner decor for a kids room, nursery, or playroom. It is safe to hang on the wall and is made with just felt!

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1 flag

1. The theme for this pennant flag is a rainbow, clouds, and stars. I used assorted felt that I had on hand featuring the colors: navy, gold, pink, baby blue, lavender, and white.
  2. Pick a base color of your choice for the pennant flag. I went with a navy blue. Using a ruler and pen, trim the navy felt to look like a pennant flag and set aside.
  3. Time to work on the rainbow, using a scrap piece of paper cut a half round shape like a mountain which will be used as a guide to make the different colored rainbow rings. Each time you make a ring, cut a piece from the scrap paper mountain shape until you are completed with your rainbow.
  4. Ad

5. Free hand or draw clouds and cut two pieces out.
  6. Lay your pieces out on the pennant flag and since it looked like I was missing more details, I decided to cut assorted star pieces in gold to add to the background.
  7. Ad

8. Time to glue everything down.
  9. Flip the flag over, wrap a little piece of the felt around the wooden dowel and glue down.
  10. Ad

11. To hang the pennant flag wall banner decor, use string and wrap around the sides of the wooden dowel then tie a knot. Ready to hang!