Making a Birthday Pennant Banner

Category Decorations
A cute, easy to make fabric pennant banner is a great decoration for a birthday party or other event. This is a guide about making a birthday pennant banner.

I love these reusable banners. They are great for almost any party and make great everyday decorations too. This is the one I made for my son's first birthday.

• 1/4 yd fabric (4-6 colors)
  • 2-3 yd double sided fusible webbing
  • 2-3 packages double-fold bias tape
  • scissors
  • sewing machine
  • pins

1. Create a template for the pennant (5" x 8") out of thin cardboard. Test fit the template (be aware of directional designs). NOTE: I decided to make multiple templates so that I could lay them out for measuring purposes.
  2. Cut out two pieces of fabric big enough for the amount of pennants you want to cut. Cut out a piece of double-sided fusible webbing a tiny bit smaller than the piece of fabric you are using.
  3. Ad

4. Iron it onto the piece of fabric (following package directions). Remove the paper backing and iron on the other piece of fabric. Attach the templates to the fabric using rolled pieces of tape. Cut around the template.
  5. Pin the pennant into the fold of the bias tape, a few inches from the end. Insert the next pennant right next to it and pin. Repeat until bias tape is full, leaving a few inches at the other end.
  6. Ad

7. Sew the entire length of the bias tape, close to the edge. Tie off the thread ends and snip of excess thread. Remove pins.