Chapped Lips Remedies

The outer area around my lips is dry and somewhat bumpy. What can I do to make it better?

By Bri from Houston, TX

I believe your chapped lips have to do with not being hydrated enough. "8-10 oz" per day is not sufficient to be well hydrated. Think 6-8 glasses of 8-10oz to be well hydrated with little activity....more if you are quite active.

The other thing to note is that your lips adapt or get used to chapstick over time, so that your lips stop producing their own protection and pretty soon you end up needing chapstick all the time.

thanks...i use Aveeno, carmex, marykays night cream, aquaphor..have always had this problem. guess i will just keep drinking and applying. take care

chapstick does dry my lips out so don't ever use it, just the above. read that vit E is good so will try it! thanks

I was told that alot of lipsticks that say they are "longlasting" actually dry out your lips so if you are wearing them you need to wear vaseline on your lips at night and when you are not wearing lipstick. That's what I do and also drink tons of water!!

I personaly use Avon`s " care deeply" lip balm

I also use vaseline ,just plain old fashion petroleum* jelly.

I also take meds that dry my lips out and alternate between the 2.Good luck.

Try zinc oxide. Heals & lubricates & Works wonders!

I keep a tube of Metholatum in my pocket, purse, by my bed - it just takes a little at a time.

In the winter time you do need more water then the summer time, but i also found out with dry up skin you should take vitaman B. That is what i use for dryed skin. I get dryed hands a lot & i take vit. B in the morning & night.

A&D ointment takes care of ALL chapped body parts along with a whole list of other ailments (baby rashes, burns, etc)

hey all...vit E is doing wonderful!!! so i am not sure how to "not watch, need help" on this post...but it is taken care of! thanks to all! hugs!!

I use just a dab of Vaseline and some sugar and it really exfoliates my lips! Give it a try!

i exfoliate my lips with sugar and water it really works and then u just apply some lip balm and it should keep ur lips smooth

Try buying some lip balm from the Savannah Bee Company. Works really great for me.

I play volleyball on a team, and when we practice outside in the sun I keep licking my lips. It leave a line of dry skin where I had been licking it.

Very painful to peel it off...its driving me and my team nuts!

For the first time in my life I have super chapped lips and the clinique super lip balm seems to only help! Carmex does ok!

My name is meagan and I live in Banff Alberta it gets really dry here come winter and my 10 month old daughter has very dry lips. What safe remedy can I give her for relief?

Editor's note: Please check with your physician.

I have tried so many lip products. I have used chapstick, vaseline, carmex, cortizone, olive oil, honey, burts bees, shea butter, just plain old water, bliztex, nothing seemed to really work. But then, I went to the doctor. They told me to use Aquafor. It has made my lips so much better. I haven't had a problem with them ever since.

The above poster just really saved me. I've had the problem that my lips adapted to my chap stick,actually I still have the problem. I can't do anything without my chap stick. So my advice is use it only when necessary. When you're lips are fully recovered leave the chap stick on the table.

I have the best chapped lips product, ever. Please go to my site, www.myhealthylips.com and check it out. I had a free sample program but too many tire kickers requested samples. If you are sincere and tell me you are from here I'll consider a free sample for you!

I use Blistex or Lypsyll. I use a cream rather than a chapstick.