Dyeing Jeans With Natural Dye

I have a pair of light blue jeans that fit really well (thanks to a recent 27lb weight loss) but I'm just not crazy for the color. I'd really like them to be darker but don't want to use chemical dyes like Rit dye. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to dye them darker with something natural, from the kitchen? How do you keep them that way? Thanks.

By Nicole from NJ

I don't know where you might find indigo ,search for "how to dye jeans with natural dye,lot of info there,good luck.

Chuck them in the washer with a new pair of jeans which are a darker blue. Works if you don't want it to! Ask my husband of the formerly white t-shirt. Marg from England.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceDecember 29, 2009
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye