Grants For Seniors To Buy a Home

I would like to buy a house for me and my husband where we can control the environment we live in. We need a grant to do so. Where do we go or how do we apply.

Arlene from Mechanicville, NY

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

One of the states around New York (Delaware? Rhode Island? I can't remember) has a trust set up for historic homes. The state keeps ownership of the house, and you move in and restore it, if it needs it, while you're living there. There is no rent to pay, and you can live there as long as you wish. There is a list of homes available. Some are real fixer-uppers, and some are ready to live in. You have your choice. The benefit to the state is that the historic homes are saved. The article about it was in the New York Times 4 or 5 days ago. Sorry I can't recall more about it.

Budget & Finance Home BuyingSeptember 6, 2007
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
Low Income Senior Applying for Grant
Grants for Low Income Seniors
senior aged woman planting strawberries
Gardening Tips for Seniors
Couple Reviewing Medicare Costs
Grants for Costs Not Paid By Medicare
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:59:48 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.