Grants For Seniors To Buy a Home

I would like to buy a house for me and my husband where we can control the environment we live in. We need a grant to do so. Where do we go or how do we apply.

Arlene from Mechanicville, NY



September 11, 20070 found this helpful

One of the states around New York (Delaware? Rhode Island? I can't remember) has a trust set up for historic homes. The state keeps ownership of the house, and you move in and restore it, if it needs it, while you're living there. There is no rent to pay, and you can live there as long as you wish. There is a list of homes available. Some are real fixer-uppers, and some are ready to live in. You have your choice. The benefit to the state is that the historic homes are saved. The article about it was in the New York Times 4 or 5 days ago. Sorry I can't recall more about it.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Budget & Finance Home BuyingSeptember 6, 2007
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
Low Income Senior Applying for Grant
Grants for Low Income Seniors
senior aged woman planting strawberries
Gardening Tips for Seniors
Couple Reviewing Medicare Costs
Grants for Costs Not Paid By Medicare
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 9:14:14 AM on in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
Loading Something Awesome!