Home Repair Assistance for Veterans

Category Home
Programs and grants are offered both through the Veteran's Affairs Administration, some large businesses, and other organizations. This is a guide about home repair assistance for veterans.

How do I find help for a veteran to replace heating and cooling unit?

Answers

Best Answer

Go to USA grants. They help veterans.

Best Answer

Habitat for humanity helps veterans with home repair.Here is the link www.habitat.org/.../helping-us-veterans-critical-home....

I am a widow of retired Vietnam veteran who died of complications of agent orange. My home is about to fall in need. I need it to get repaired asap. I have 2 autistic boys.

Answers

Contact the Office of Survivors Assistance here: www.va.gov/.../

You can also contact Habitat for Humanity

So sorry for your loss and your troubles. I have a few suggestions and pray you find a quick solution:

1. Have you contacted your local VFW Auxiliary to see if they have any services/financial assistance they can offer?

2. There is a Veterans Affairs link that talks about compensation. Not sure how that works as sadly, most of the Viet Nam vets I knew passed without asking for help. The link is www.benefits.va.gov/.../claims-postservice-agent_orange.asp

3. This site is interesting...I don't know anything about it...so do your research, but perhaps this can also help you:

www.disabilityhelpgroup.com/.../

Prayers for your family!

I am a 60 year old veteran with no money and a part time job. I have a ten year old son whose room was affected by hurricane Matthew.

The room is leaking and I cannot afford to fix it. How or where can I get assistance?

Answers

Sorry you're in this situation. Here is a number for HUD who may assist you:

888-995-HOPE (4673)

HUD.org or Habitat for Humanity