Home Repair Assistance for Families of Deceased Veterans

Category Miscellaneous
There are organizations that can assist our veteran families with expensive home repairs but the need is great so waiting times tend to be long. This is a guide about finding home repair assistance for families of deceased veterans.

I am the widow of a Vietnam War veteran who died of agent orange complications and I am in dire need of a new driveway. I live in Detroit Michigan are there any resources that can help me?

Answers

Best Answer

Finding help:

1. Annuity.org is for veterans and veterans, survivors. This organization helps families. There are many times that people just like you have no idea where they can go for help. That is why this organization has been set up to help. www.annuity.org/
  2. Habitat for Humanity is yet another organization that helps people just like you. You can visit the website here and find out where you can go for help. www.habitat.org/.../helping-us-veterans-critical-home...
  3. Veterans Office has a branch called Office of Survivor's Assistance. You can also go here to find the office near you.www.va.gov/.../
  4. Opperation We Are Here is another great office to help you and your family. You can visit here to find the office in your area. www.operationwearehere.com/FinancialAssistance.html

There are many good programs out there to help you. Start with these and find the one closest to you. Make an appointment and take what they ask of you with you to the meeting.

Best Answer

Go to this link for assistance www.vfw.org/assistance

I am a widow of retired Vietnam veteran who died of complications of agent orange. My home is about to fall in need. I need it to get repaired asap. I have 2 autistic boys.

Answers

Best Answer

Contact the Office of Survivors Assistance here: www.va.gov/.../

You can also contact Habitat for Humanity

Best Answer

So sorry for your loss and your troubles. I have a few suggestions and pray you find a quick solution:

1. Have you contacted your local VFW Auxiliary to see if they have any services/financial assistance they can offer?

2. There is a Veterans Affairs link that talks about compensation. Not sure how that works as sadly, most of the Viet Nam vets I knew passed without asking for help. The link is www.benefits.va.gov/.../claims-postservice-agent_orange.asp

3. This site is interesting...I don't know anything about it...so do your research, but perhaps this can also help you:

www.disabilityhelpgroup.com/.../

Prayers for your family!