Home Repair Assistance for Families of Deceased Veterans?

Category Miscellaneous
There are organizations that can assist our veteran families with expensive home repairs but the need is great so waiting times tend to be long. This is a page about finding home repair assistance for families of deceased veterans.


Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

October 26, 2017

I am the widow of a Vietnam War veteran who died of agent orange complications and I am in dire need of a new driveway. I live in Detroit Michigan are there any resources that can help me?


October 27, 20170 found this helpful
Best Answer

Finding help:

  1. Annuity.org is for veterans and veterans, survivors. This organization helps families. There are many times that people just like you have no idea where they can go for help. That is why this organization has been set up to help. www.annuity.org/
  2. Habitat for Humanity is yet another organization that helps people just like you. You can visit the website here and find out where you can go for help. www.habitat.org/.../helping-us-veterans-critical-home...
  3. Advertisement

  4. Veterans Office has a branch called Office of Survivor's Assistance. You can also go here to find the office near you.www.va.gov/.../
  5. Opperation We Are Here is another great office to help you and your family. You can visit here to find the office in your area. www.operationwearehere.com/FinancialAssistance.html

There are many good programs out there to help you. Start with these and find the one closest to you. Make an appointment and take what they ask of you with you to the meeting.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
October 28, 20170 found this helpful
Best Answer

Go to this link for assistance www.vfw.org/assistance

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question...

October 6, 2018

I am a widow of retired Vietnam veteran who died of complications of agent orange. My home is about to fall in need. I need it to get repaired asap. I have 2 autistic boys.


October 6, 20180 found this helpful
Best Answer

Contact the Office of Survivors Assistance here: www.va.gov/.../


You can also contact Habitat for Humanity

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
October 10, 20180 found this helpful
Best Answer

So sorry for your loss and your troubles. I have a few suggestions and pray you find a quick solution:

1. Have you contacted your local VFW Auxiliary to see if they have any services/financial assistance they can offer?

2. There is a Veterans Affairs link that talks about compensation. Not sure how that works as sadly, most of the Viet Nam vets I knew passed without asking for help. The link is www.benefits.va.gov/.../claims-postservice-agent_orange.asp

3. This site is interesting...I don't know anything about it...so do your research, but perhaps this can also help you:



Prayers for your family!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question...

October 18, 2019

My mother, the 79 year old widow of a veteran needs financial assistance for foundation and home repairs. Her husband was a veteran who died of complications from Agent Orange during the war. How would she be able to get the help from the VA benefits that she is now eligible for?

Please help with directions or with contact information. She would love to live her life in her home. She lives in San Antonio Texas.


October 18, 20190 found this helpful

I would contact the VA in her state.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
October 19, 20190 found this helpful

I would reach out to the VA in your area and explain the problem to them. A lot of times other vets can help a person out and fix up their home. If you have any place where you live that services local vets you can go there and speak with some other vets to see what type of help you can get your mom.


Reach out to them first and then maybe you can reach out to the local news station in your area and see if they can offer you some help.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
October 20, 20190 found this helpful

Here is a link from the VA on the Agent Orange Benefits:


The phone number is 800-749-8387.

They can tell you what or if she is eligible for benefits for based on her husband's services and exposure to Agent Orange.

If you find you don't understand what you are being told, you may want to contact your Congressman Joaquin Castro .... I am putting his info below...and ask for help. Your tax dollars pay for them to assist you with things like this if you feel you need the help:

San Antonio Office
727 E. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd
Suite B-128
San Antonio, TX 78206
Phone: 210-348-8216
Fax: 210-979-0737
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am- 6:00 pm CT


Post back with updates! Sending prayers!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question...

In This Page
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousMay 1, 2019
Coronavirus Tips
Summer Ideas!
Pest Control
Back to School Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2020-07-18 14:52:34 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Add to PageAsk a Question