Coffee Glazed Pecans
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup hot black coffee
- Tear off a sheet of waxed paper about 2 feet long. Coat the wax paper with butter. Set aside where you can get to it immediately.
- Put all ingredients in a 10-inch skillet and mix. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until liquid is evaporated and pecans are glazed (about 5 minutes).
- Immediately pour them onto buttered paper in a single layer. Work quickly, this starts clumping fast. These will be very hard at first but will soften overnight. The flavor becomes much better, too.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 2 cups
Note:You can use any kind of nuts you like. You can also use brown sugar instead of granulated and you can add spices, too.
By Peanut from Virginia
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 17, 2017 at 8:12:04 AM on 10.0.1.185 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us