Olive Garden Style Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe

My family ate at Olive Garden the other night. Does anyone have a recipe for the Chicken Gnocchi Soup? It was wonderful!

JoAnne from Florida

I did a google search and came up with several links that have recipes. Not ever having it, I didn't know which one you wanted. Have fun looking.

I had it last week for the first time and it is delicious. Looking forward to finding a recipe as well.

Check out this website, it looks like it is very simiiar to the Olive Garden one which is fantastic! I have not tried this recipe but found the exact one on a few other websites so hopefully it is good!

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/ ... nd_easy/chicken_and_gnocchi_soup.php

I found one on Olive Garden's website by doing a search for it

http://www.olivegarden.com/recipes/recipe_search/recipe_display.asp?id=102

Ingredients

&frac; cup extra virgin olive oil

1 small Vidalia onion, chopped

1 red bell pepper, sliced (julienned)

&frac; zucchini, sliced, (julienned)

Salt to taste

4 chicken breasts, sliced in &frac; strips

2 small branches rosemary

1 garlic clove, minced

Juice of &frac; lemon

Veronese Sauce

1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

&frac; cup ricotta cheese

14 fl oz heavy cream

Gnocchi

2 qt water

6 oz all-purpose flour

2 eggs

2 lbs russet potatoes

2 tsp salt

OR

1 lb gnocchi (potato dumplings), cooked according to package directions

Procedures

NOTE: You may make your own gnocchi by following the steps below, or you may purchase them already made.

Gnocchi

WASH potatoes and place in water. Cook potatoes until soft (cook time will depend on size of potatoes). Remove potatoes from water and cool in refrigerator.

PEEL cooled potatoes and push them through a fine grater (rice grater) until mashed; do not over-mash potatoes or they will get tough.

COMBINE potatoes, flour and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix well until dough does not stick to hands (add small amounts of flour at a time if needed).

DIVIDE dough into 4 sections. Roll out each section into a long rope. Cut each rope into &frac; pieces. Push fork tines on each piece for the classic gnocchi appearance.

BRING water to a boil in a sauce pot. Drop in gnocchi and cook until they float.

Chicken & Sauce

COMBINE garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and chicken slices in a mixing bowl. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.

COMBINE Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.

HEAT sauté pan on medium high. Add extra virgin olive oil, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini. Saute until onions are translucent (do not brown).

ADD marinated chicken slices and cook until slices are brown on all sides and internal temperature is 165°F. Reduce heat and add sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer.

DRAIN cooked gnocchi and add to pan with chicken, vegetables and sauce. Stir to coat gnocchi with sauce.

SERVE gnocchi topped with extra Parmesan cheese.

I used this recipe and I absolutely loved the soup. It seems to be the closest to the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Cream Soup. From beginning to end it takes about 10 min. of prep and 30 min. cook time.

1/3 cup olive oil or butter

2 cloves of minced garlic

1 lb. chicken

1/3 cup flour

1/2 carrot shredded

1 stick of celery

1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach

2 1/2 cups whole milk

1 1/2 cup heavy cream

3 chicken bullion cubes

Cracked pepper to taste

17.6 oz. of Gnocchi from Target

On medium heat.

Melt butter in a soup pot, add in the garlic and sautee, add your chicken and cook through out

Add flour and stir in flour and mix well until the flour is cooked into the chicken.

Next add your milk and heavy cream

Then add the veggies(Carrots,Celery,Spinach)

Add three bullion cubes

Add your Gnocchi last it takes 3-4 min. to cook throughout

Mix ingredients well until soup thickens and stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

That recipe that someone posted is not for the soup. It is for the chicken Gnocchi Veronese(sp) dish....the soup is Chicken Gnocchi Soup. They have similiar names. The soup is so new, and it is not on their website yet.

Would love the recipe also but I believe that Olive Garden will not post the recipe on their website anytime soon. It is fairly new on the menu.

You are so right about the chicken soup from Olive Garden, it is the best soup I have ever tasted. My husband and I fought over it. I would love to get the receipe for this soup as well. If anybody has it please post it here.

This recipe taste just like the olive garden except I added a fresh bay leave and 2 stalks of celery and 4 cups of milk and perfection. If you like it thick leave the milk the same. Great job.

Only one better, at Macaroni Grill. Just seem to be more "stuff" in it. The taste a bit different, but better, Still the Olive Garden very good.

Your recipe sounds great Heather. I don't recall any carrot in the soup but am going to give your recipe a try. Sounds so good in this cold right now. Thanks!

please pass the recipe for this amazing soup on to me if someone finds it

I tried this recipe and it is the closest you can come to the soup at Olive Garden. As with the Olive Garden soup, it can taste a little different each time you make it. From beginning to end it takes about 10 min. of prep and 30 min. cook time.

1/3 cup butter

2 cloves of minced garlic

1 lb. chicken cubed or large chunks

1/3 cup flour

1/2 carrot shredded

1 stick of celery shredded

1/4 cup onion shredded

1/2 cup fresh spinach torn in pieces

2 cups whole milk

2 cups heavy cream (I use half and half)

3 chicken bullion cubes

Cracked pepper to taste

17.6 oz. of Gnocchi

On medium heat.

Next add your milk and heavy cream

Then add the veggies(Carrots, Celery, Onion, Spinach)

Add three bullion cubes

This recipe is absolutely delicious. I also found that it was a little thicker than I liked, even though I used half and half and skim milk... I also added more and more vegetables as I went along; next time I make it I will double the amount of spinach and carrots I use, and cut out the celery altogether (everything else keeps its texture so well).

This is definitely one of my new favorite dishes.

The recipe By kimbraman1961 is excellent. I made it last night and it tastes just like the soup I had at Olive Garden. The only difference was that this recipe had lots more ingredients. Maybe the restaurant I ate at was making skimpy soup. But this recipe makes a hearty soup. The only Gnocchi I could find was potato gnocchi and that tasted different from the restaurant version. Next time I go shopping I'll see if I can find a different kind of gnocchi. The carrots and spinach looked beautiful in the creamy base. Oh it was yummy!

How much will Kimbraman 1961 recipe make?

I loved it also, tried this recipe.

Prep time: 10 min

Cook time: 45 min

Boneless Skinless Frozen Chicken breasts

1 jar Alfredo Sauce (Bertolli is my fave)

1 can chicken broth

1/3 c. milk

1/3 c. butter

parsely flakes

1/3 c. water

1 can chopped spinach

salt

pepper

celery seeds

garlic quarter

2 cans pilsbury biscuits cut into fourths

Directions:

In a deep baking dish pour half of one can of chicken broth, water, pepper and salt. Lay number of chicken breasts that will fit (depends on amount cooking.) - I used 5.

Next, Pour remainder of can on top of chicken breasts, add a garlic quarter cut in half, salt and pepper, parsely flakes and celery seeds.

Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven on 375 degrees until cooked thoroughly. Drain broth and set aside. Chop chicken and set aside. Discard garlic.

In a large pot pour the alfredo sauce, 1/3 c. milk, and half of the cooked broth. Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly. If soup is too runny you can add tablespoon flour to thicken. Add quartered biscuits. These will cook in the broth.

Add drained spinach, additional seasonings and broth to taste. Last, add chopped chicken and the butter.

Serves 4

Useful Tip: You can store the remaining chicken broth and freeze for another meal.

I just made kimbraman1961's recipe and it's very good, but the spinach can be a bit overwhelming so next time I'm using less than a 1/2 cup. I used canned spinach and I don't know how different it tastes than fresh. Also, depending on how thick you want it to be, you might think of substituting some of the milk for chicken broth. When I had it at Olive Garden it was fairly watery due to them adding water to make it last. That night I actually ended up getting the very last bowl of it. :)

The server at Olive Garden told me that this soup has orange juice and brown sugar in it. I don't see it in these receipes.

Gnocchi on Plate With Basil and Tomato
Recipes Using Gnocchi
Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat SoupsOctober 28, 2008
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
Gnocchi With Basil and Tomato Sauce
Gnocchi Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎉
🎄