Baby Proofing Home For Triplets

I am trying to baby proof for 15 month old triplets without going broke. What are some ideas for cabinet locks, toilet locks, stairs, etc.?

Mom2Trips from Erwin, NC

Try the Dollar Store for cheap light switch covers, cabinet locks and things like this. I bought a ton of things like this at the Dollar Store when my grandbaby was born. Good luck!

My daughter's twins are also 15 months old. Her living room looks like no one is living there. The coffee table is long gone. Every picture is pushed very far back on tables. She uses those "rubbery" corners for the tables and a small strap that goes on the refrigerator door (we also have these in our home for the little darlings). My daughter shuts the bathroom doors so they can't get near the toilets. When she visits, we use gates that we used to have for our dog. I really don't think there is a cheap way of preventing accidents. Before we got the "rubbery" corners on our staircase, the little fellow got quite a bang on his head.

Good luck to you with your triplets.

Here goes go to the dollar store or dollar general or babies are us. They do have some stuff that is not expensive. Next take all your favorite knick knacks and mementos and put away. Either put rounded corners on the coffee table or rearrange to put the coffee table against the wall. Rooms that you don't want the kids in just get a chain with a lock at the hardware stores and just put them on the outside of the doors. Doors are open but sweeties can't get in. Knives go up to the cabinets and any sharp things. Have a designated area that they can play in and get plastic containers at dollar store or general to organize the area. Get gates at Walmart can use kids or pets ones who cares and remember home will never be the same but love will be in triple sizes now. As long as no bugs on the floor and could get a dog to help clean the floor (ha-ha). Also as long as you have clean clothes for the day and plenty of milk and diapers and know what to make for lunches and supper you are going to be a ok. Oh no sand in the house horrible to clean up dry rice and spaghetti noodles a pain but not too bad.

We had 2 close together and were on a tight budget too. It was worth every penny to buy toilet lid locks. The type with the swinging arm work best. I did not want to have to worry about one of them in the potty while I was changing the other.

First thing, I would definitely spend the money for a decent, unclimbable gate for the stairs. My son can climb the $10 wood and plastic gates in less than 10 seconds, and he started that around 14 months. So don't skimp there.

We keep the bathroom door shut, that way we don't have to worry about toilet seat locks or him climbing into the tub.

I have eliminated the need for cabinet locks by storing all the dangerous cleaners in the cabinet above the sink. In the lower cabinets I keep plastic bowls and a basket of lids. I have to pick them up often, but it keeps him busy while I cook and also helps him learn because he matches the lid/bowl.

Child Proofing Your House
Parenting Baby SafetyOctober 9, 2008
Baseboard Heater in front of Window
Baby Proofing Baseboard Heaters
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Toilet
Baby Proofing a Toilet
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄