Use Your Cellphone as an Alarm Clock

Keep your cell phone on vibrate beside your bed, and set the alarm, should there be an impending storm, and the electricity go out during the night. This takes care of people like me who can't stand the ticking alarm clock.

By jabsgram from Billerica, MA

Neat idea, and you can also use an electric alarm clock with battery backup. Older ones can be had very cheaply at garage sales. The cellphone as alarm clock would be great in hotels, so you wouldn't have to bring a portable clock. :-)

Good thinking. I used to do this when I had a cell phone. Now I use my talking watch, which also has an alarm.

January 20, 2010 Flag

After having a few clocks that we've been known to sleep through the alarms going off and being late for appointments, work, etc., I now use my cell phone's "alarm clock" option. It's loud and there is no way I'm unable to hear it with it being on my side of the bed. I keep it in the nightstand drawer, partially open.

By Terri H. from NV

Use Your Cellphone as an Alarm Clock

I just started doing this in the last month. Also a tip from internet place cell phone or small alarm in clear glass like and empty jelly jar and it will ring louder (yikes!). That does work too. (04/05/2008)

By meoowmom

Use Your Cellphone as an Alarm Clock

I have been using my cell phone as a watch and an alarm clock for years now and I will never go back to a regular alarm! It's also great if the power goes out or if you travel. Plus, on a lot of phones you can set the alarm to repeat every day, so you don't have to set it every night. (04/05/2008)

By KatieM

Use Your Cellphone as an Alarm Clock

I do this, too! My digital clock has an alarm that would almost give me a heart attack each morning, so I started using my cell on the nightstand which has a mild "beep" that wakes me on the first beep. I'm a very light sleeper, so I can't handle anything that jars me awake. I'm also so programmed that I many times wake before the alarm anyway. Good tip! (04/08/2008)

By Tracey K. in Ohio

Man Using Smartphone in Coffee Shop
Using Your Smartphone To Save Time
Organizing MiscellaneousJanuary 20, 2010
Making a Record Album Clock
Making a Record Album Clock
Calling 911 With Cell Phone
Using Your Cellphone in An Emergency
Alarm Clock
Buying an Alarm Clock
Home Security Without an Alarm System
Home Security Without an Alarm System