Using Your Smartphone To Save Time

Category Yourself
Man Using Smartphone in Coffee Shop
There are a lot of ways you can use your cell phone to save time during your daily routine. This is a guide about using your smartphone to save time.

I have a big white board in the kitchen on which I make the grocery list as I think of items. It's easier than looking for a list to add to or having lots of little pieces of paper to keep track of. The problem with this is that I have to copy the list by hand onto paper when I go to the store. The other day, I was in a hurry to leave the house and thought, "there must be a better way". It occurred to me to take a picture of the list with my cell phone camera. It worked GREAT! No papers no re-copying.

By Jaye from Orlando, FL

I keep my grocery list on the "notepad" of my cell phone, so that when I go to the store, all I have to do is check on my phone to see what I need. No more forgotten grocery list at home. I always have my cell phone with me.

By Pam from Pittsburgh, PA

I don't always take my purse with me, but I do take my cell phone, my Driver License, and Debit/Credit card because these are easy to carry in my pocket. When I'm given a business card from my dentist, hair stylist, etc., with my next appointment time on it, I take a picture of it with my cell phone. This has helped me greatly, because lots of times (OK most of the time, lol) I misplace the card. By doing this simple task, I have all the information I need.

I also do this with my health insurance cards. If someone wants to know what dentist I use, I can send them the copy of the card from my cell phone to theirs. Hope this works for you! Happy organizing to all!

By Donna from Watauga, TX

Keep your cell phone on vibrate beside your bed, and set the alarm, should there be an impending storm, and the electricity go out during the night. This takes care of people like me who can't stand the ticking alarm clock.

By jabsgram from Billerica, MA

Take a picture of your appliance and model /serial numbers and use it as your profile picture for the customer service number in your contact list on your cell phone. Now when I need to call for service or troubleshooting all the information is right at my fingertips! Saved me so much time and so less frustrating.

This is a guide about using your smartphone to save money. Smartphones have rapidly become ubiquitous in our society. While not everything about these phones is great, they are an easy way to track finances and even get discounts at stores you shop at.

Hand Holding iPhone 4

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes