Saving Money on Bacon

Tips and advice for saving money on bacon as posted by our ThriftyFun community.

Tip From Gramma

This is a tip from my gramma. Cut your bacon in half. Take a pie pan, put flour in it, coat each side. Put on low heat in fry pan with a bacon weight or pyrex measure cup with water in it (to make it heavy). Doesn't shrink as much, has more substance and tastes better.

By Anbsmommy

Buy In Bulk

Get the big 10 lb. box the next time your favorite grocer has a RED SALE. It is country style bacon and is thicker and usually tastier than the regular thin type. There are normally some super thick pieces in with it and it's good for seasoning a pot of beans or other crock pot ideas!

By Melody_yesterday

Grill Up Bacon for Later

Instead of buying the pre-cooked bacon, I buy regular bacon when it is on sale and grill up the whole package in my indoor grill. I then cool, put it in a plastic bag in the frig and it lasts for quite a while.

By Marion from Canada

Check The Deli Case

Be sure to watch your deli case for sales. The bacon there tends to be thicker and higher quality than the packaged stuff and it often isn't any more a pound. Also, sometimes you can buy a package of ends to use for soups and seasonings. A little bacon flavor goes a long way without ruining your diet.

By Jess In Oregon

I also watch for the butcher specials and get 5 kg. boxes. We separate into serving portions, wrap and freeze. Thanks for the tip on a bacon press. We often indulge in a breakfast for supper and I'll be doing that.

Usually I cut it in half when I am cooking it and also I started baking mine in the oven and then I can do the eggs at the same time turned out good and they laid flat and were tasty.

Saving on Bacon
Saving Money on Bacon
Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenMay 16, 2008
Removing Bacon in One Piece
Removing Bacon in One Piece
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon
🎉
🎄