Oven Cleaner For Bathtubs

By waitress 14 3

I am looking for advice on cleaning the bathtub using oven cleaner.

By waitress

Filter Sort

thr522587 Flag

It would be much healthier for your lungs and the environment to mix a baking soda and water paste to scrub the tub and then rinse and disinfect with a vinegar and water mixture.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By ScrpBkBon 4 9 Flag

I would not try to clean my bathtub with any kind of Oven cleaner. They are too strong and the fumes alone might make you or your family sick if this mixture is left in a bath tub or small room. I have tried CLR for my bath tub but even that peeled the metal off the bath tub stopper and left it a rusty mess. So my best suggestion is Mr. Clean the white sponges and 409 and your bath tub will shine. It is great for walls also and anything in the kitchen to clean with I swear by those Mr. Clean sponges.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Beth 25 1,120 Flag

I have seen tubs that were so bad in rentals that the only thing that would clean them is oven cleaner. We are talking about beyond regular dirty! Just use gloves, have ventilation even if it means having a fan running, and rinse very well.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 14 122 Flag

Krud Kutter from Lowe's or Home Depot. Put in spray bottle, spray area and let sit 3-4 minutes and wipe off with damp cloth. Krud Kutter will strip the finish off wood [full strength],remove mold/mildew, diluted will clean walls with little effort. Read the uses on the bottle. Last week, it was $12.99 for a gallon and lasts me for several months!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Oven Cleaner For Bathtubs

I too have used over cleaner on a bathtub. My son moved into a condo and the tub had crud on it between the shower curtain and tub that we could not get off. I tried oven cleaner, let it sit and it scraped right off.

By Shar from Phoenix

Editor's Note: With this tip, I worry about the oven cleaner damaging some types of bathtubs. You probably should test this on an inconspicuous place first.

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomFebruary 15, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
An old clawfoot tub.
Painting a Bathtub
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:13:32 AM on 10.0.0.168 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings