CandiesBaking & Desserts

Recipes for Peanut Butter and Coconut Cream Eggs

I am looking for a recipe for home made peanut butter eggs and also coconut cream eggs.

Angel from Newville, PA

boy i hope someone post that reciepe too.we are in tennessee some of our local restaraunts and businesses like insurance companys always have those from sale for $1.00 each that local church members have made and have there to sell for benifits raised. And they are big in size too and so good made with real ingredients. They mostly sell at easter time that I have seen. So yummy and well decorated.

I have a recipe for Fondant Easter Eggs. I haven't ever used peanut butter in it, but imagine you could add peanut butter to the recipe at the end. And you could fold in coconut flavoring and coconut instead of maraschino cherries. A neighbor brought over some Christmas mints made from a green-tinted fondant covered in dark chocolate. Wonderful!!

Here's the recipe:

2 1/2 cups sugar

2/3 cup Karo Syrup (white)

2 egg whites

1/2 cup water

salt

flavoring

1/2 Cup (estimate) Nuts (diced), raisins or well-drained maraschino cherries

Bring sugar, Karo syrup and water to a boil, cook to hard ball stage. Remove from heat and pour over egg whites to which a dash of salt has been added. Beat until stiff, then add 1 tsp. of flavoring, i.e., cherry, maple, coconut, orange, vanilla. Add nuts, raisins, or very well drained maraschino cherries when adding flavoring. When candy is stiff, butter hands and mold into oval Easter egg shapes (or patties if you're using mint flavoring and green food coloring). When firm, dip into chocolate coating (Block milk chocolate that has been melted over boiling water.) Decorate with decorator's icing with names, flowers, etc. YOU MUST WORK QUICKLY WHEN MOLDING THIS CANDY--BEST DONE WITH TWO OR MORE PEOPLE WORKING AT A TIME AS IT SETS UP QUICKLY.

Here's one from your site:

http://www.thri … 2509174.tip.html

These are more like mounds:

1 # coconut

some marshmallow fluff

some light corn syrup

Add equal amounts of fluff and corn syrup until the mixture can be formed into balls. Coat wih chocolate.

Ok now you all!! Now you've gone and done made me hanker for a peanut butter egg and the coconut one too. And Butter cream wouldn't be bad either!!! Now who's gonna send me one? lol

Sherry

Portsmouth, Va.

I do have 1 for peanut butter. Uses powered sugar, and vanilla and peanut butter and either melted milk chocolate or the dark type, which ever you pefer.

Mix the peanut butter and powered sugar together, add a teaspoon od vanilla mix well and then shape into egg shapes. Then you just dip them into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper to dry. *Note:

You use as much of both the powered sugar and peanut butter as you want.

Sherry

Portsmouth, Va.

Growing up, my best friend's grandmother always made and sold homemade eggs for Easter. One of her best sellers were the fudge eggs covered in chocolate and decorated. A peanut butter fudge egg sounds really good to me!

Here's the way I make coconut eggs. Combine 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 lb. bag of coconut, one 2 lb. bag of powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix well and shape into eggs. They seem to work better if you refrigerate or freeze them for a short time before dipping them in melted chocolate. I add some parafin wax to my chocolate to make a smoother, prettier egg. Good luck!