Share Crafts

Avocado Trees Are Flowering

How long does it take for the avocado to mature on my tree grown from seed? I have several avocados now and am waiting for them to grow, the flowers started around March or April.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

By Judith from south FL

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By DeBushe 19 164 06/30/2010

Lucky you! Probably the avocados will be ripe in the late Fall.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Avocado Trees Are Flowering

My 2 avocado trees are over 7-8 feet tall and look like they now have tiny yellow flowers and are pollinating. They are next to each other in our back yard and look great. They are 6 or 7 yrs old. Will they start to have fruit soon? How should I treat them? Any info you can give me will be helpful. Thank you.

Astrid from Oakland, CA

RE: Avocado Trees Are Flowering

I don't know the care for them, but I do know you have to have a male and female tree or at least one of the opposite of what you have near by. My grandmother had a female tree and a neighbor had a male. She had wonderful avocados, which she shared with the neighbor. Hopefully someone around you has the opposite of yours.
Good luck. (05/11/2008)

By Astrid67