Avocado Trees Are Flowering - Categories:

TreesGardening

Avocado Trees Are Flowering

How long does it take for the avocado to mature on my tree grown from seed? I have several avocados now and am waiting for them to grow, the flowers started around March or April.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

By Judith from south FL

Answers

Lucky you! Probably the avocados will be ripe in the late Fall.

June 25, 2010 Flag

My 2 avocado trees are over 7-8 feet tall and look like they now have tiny yellow flowers and are pollinating. They are next to each other in our back yard and look great. They are 6 or 7 yrs old. Will they start to have fruit soon? How should I treat them? Any info you can give me will be helpful. Thank you.

Astrid from Oakland, CA

Answers:

Avocado Trees Are Flowering

I don't know the care for them, but I do know you have to have a male and female tree or at least one of the opposite of what you have near by. My grandmother had a female tree and a neighbor had a male. She had wonderful avocados, which she shared with the neighbor. Hopefully someone around you has the opposite of yours.
Good luck. (05/11/2008)

By Astrid67

Home and Garden Gardening TreesJune 25, 2010
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Avocados on a Tree
Caring for an Avocado Tree
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 9:34:08 AM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.