Pedestal Dish

This pedestal dish can be used to hold cupcakes, cookies, cakes or candles, jewelry, whatever! Make it with dishes from family or you can get old ones at the Goodwill or thrift shop. Make for yourself or give as a gift.

Approximate Time:

• old dish
  • candle holder
  • ice cream dish
  • E-6000 glue
  • sandpaper

1. Lightly sand the edges of ice cream dish or candle holder on the edge you are going to glue.

2. Glue the edges of the holder, then simply put your favorite plate on it.

3. Weight it down with a heavy can and let it sit overnight.

That's it! You have a pretty dish that is so easy to make and they make nice presents. I love to do crafts, but they have to be easy and quick. This dish is both! Don't wash in dishwasher, just clean with a wet sponge.

By Dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

You could do this with small plates and use for cupcakes. I saw in Macy's 2 Martha Stewart cupcake pedestal's for $30, no way would I pay that much for something you can custom make using a plate of mom's or grandmom's thanks for the idea.

I have made a lot of these, but I added a step or two. I got out my Dremel and sanded both pieces for the glue to adhere properly. When I put on E-6000 glue, I left open at least two air holes to center so the inside can dry. Otherwise, the outside is dry and the inside remains wet, not getting any air to dry. Then several days later I glue those holes shut. I wear glasses, so there are my eye shields. I also wear face mask so I do not breath in the glass dust.

Glass Pedestal Dish With Brownies
Making a Glass Pedestal Dish
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsMarch 28, 2011
dog food dish
Make Your Own Non-Slip Pet Dish
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
finished reindeer 1
Rudolph Craft Ideas