Poll: Do you use dryer sheets?

Today's poll asks: Do you use dryer sheets?

Feel free to post feedback about this poll below.

I use liquid most of the time, especially when I am doing the "can NOT dry" clothes that have to hang. But when I am doing towels, I don't use liquid (not good for the towels, cuts down on absorption) as I also use microfiber towels for my face washing and they do NOT like liquid. When I do towels I wash normal and take out the face cloths to air dry, then throw in a sheet. It's about 50/50 now that I think about it. I have TONS of different stuff for each type of load of laundry, no ONE would be able to do it my special way without wanting to wring my neck if they tried!!!

I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only "laundry freak" out there. Do you suppose there are more of us? LOL

In reality, I do not use dryer sheets for my laundry, BUT, I have found that dryer sheets are wonderful for cleaning off soap scum from my shower doors :-)

I don't use dryer sheets, I consider them more of a luxury item. And I use powdered detergent.

I don't use dryer sheets, but I do use a liquid fabric softener. I have been using out of the same bottle (200 fl. oz) of Snuggle for about 2 1/2 years now. I pour a pint into a quart jar and fill the jar with water. I then use this diluted mixture to saturate an old washcloth. Let the cloth dry, and throw it in the dryer in place of a dryer sheet. This wash cloth is good for about 40 loads of laundry, then just repeat the saturation process. If you start having static cling in your clothes, it is time to "recharge" your washcloth. I still have about one third of that original jug left. Should last me about another year. I call that "Thrifty"

Harlean from Arkansas

the Laundry person at the Assisted Living place I work at also saturates wash clothes with softener instead of using dryer sheets.

And Im here to tell you that these clothes turn dark almost black from over use. It may be from absorbing color/dye from the clothing in the dryer.. im not sure. I just know it drives me crazy that she doesnt wash these very often. They always look dirty. Every time I see these I think these things have to be re-depositing this crud back into the clothing. so i wash them all.. one day she may tell me off.

Well I got that off my chest lol

foil ball
Alternatives To Dryer Sheets
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Cutting dryer sheets in half.
Saving Money on Dryer Sheets
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?