Browsing: Spirits of Ammonia and Coke

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Spirits of Ammonia and Coke

Used as a home remedy for a variety of ailments. This guide is about spirits of ammonia and coke.

Spirits of Ammonia and Coke
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 24, 2013 Flag

Where can I find a bottle of spirit of ammonia in Baltimore, Maryland? I used it years ago to help with unbearably painful headaches, due to medical problems. Now the problem is back and this is the only thing to take my headaches away fast, without using pain meds that have been prescribed.

By Dee G. from Baltimore, MD

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Call your local hospital pharmacy.. I have only fainted once in my life, when I was having a biopsy of my uterine lining to check for various hormone levels; the doctor woke me with spirits of ammonia vial. I assume it's still used for the same reason, fainting patients.

July 29, 2005 Flag

My mother used to take an combination of coke cola and spirits of ammonia. It was maybe 4 drops of the spirits of ammonia in a coke glass and drink. I now use it when feeling upset beyond control. I told a doctor about it the other day and she had never heard of it.

They used to sell it at the drug store called READS. They also sold it at Murphy's and Woolworth's. it was on the menu as coke and spirits of ammonia. You can also use it in orange juice.

My question is, has anyone else heard of this?

Thank you,
Sandy

Yes used it myself often as a child as did all my family Coach used to give it to use while at summer practice and ball games in the south Central Va. Gets very very hot and humid , I recall being 10 to 12 and going to the local drugstore and ordering it as you described

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 26, 2013
Cleaning Toilet With Ammonia
Cleaning With Ammonia
A cup of coke spilling.
Cleaning Coke Stains From Clothing
A white bottle of household ammonia.
Cleaning Up Spilled Household Ammonia
diet cola
Removing Diet Coke Stains From Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:04:47 AM on 10.0.0.69 in 621 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.