Spirits of Ammonia and Coke

Used as a home remedy for a variety of ailments. This guide is about spirits of ammonia and coke.

March 24, 2013 Flag

Where can I find a bottle of spirit of ammonia in Baltimore, Maryland? I used it years ago to help with unbearably painful headaches, due to medical problems. Now the problem is back and this is the only thing to take my headaches away fast, without using pain meds that have been prescribed.

By Dee G. from Baltimore, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Call your local hospital pharmacy.. I have only fainted once in my life, when I was having a biopsy of my uterine lining to check for various hormone levels; the doctor woke me with spirits of ammonia vial. I assume it's still used for the same reason, fainting patients.

I worked at the soda fountain at Matthew Rexall Drug Store in Great Falls, SC in the '60s and made Ammonia and Coke for customers often. I used a cap full (maybe a 4 oz. bottle) for each Coke.

You can buy it online from Walmart made by Hume for 6.98 including tax and shipping.

July 29, 2005 Flag

My mother used to take an combination of coke cola and spirits of ammonia. It was maybe 4 drops of the spirits of ammonia in a coke glass and drink. I now use it when feeling upset beyond control. I told a doctor about it the other day and she had never heard of it.

They used to sell it at the drug store called READS. They also sold it at Murphy's and Woolworth's. it was on the menu as coke and spirits of ammonia. You can also use it in orange juice.

My question is, has anyone else heard of this?

Thank you,
Sandy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes used it myself often as a child as did all my family Coach used to give it to use while at summer practice and ball games in the south Central Va. Gets very very hot and humid , I recall being 10 to 12 and going to the local drugstore and ordering it as you described

I use it for my nerves. My OBGYN told me about it 24 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child and my nerves were shot. He told me to put a few ddrops in soda and sip on it to calm me down. I still keep a bottle handy especially when I go on road trips with my nieces and grandchildren. lol

Yes i have

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 26, 2013
Cleaning Toilet With Ammonia
Cleaning With Ammonia
A cup of coke spilling.
Cleaning Coke Stains From Clothing
A white bottle of household ammonia.
Cleaning Up Spilled Household Ammonia
diet cola
Removing Diet Coke Stains From Clothing
🎉
🎄