Cleaning Coke Stains From Clothing

So many of people enjoy having a Coke with their meal that spills and the inevitable clothing stains are a common occurrence. This is a guide about cleaning Coke stains from clothing.

How do you get a coca cola stain out of a white blouse? I have already tried washing clorox, iron out, and regular washing. thnx Sherri

Answers

Best Answer

Try soaking it in OxiClean and hot water. I have done that with many things, soaking them for anywhere from overnight to an entire day or more. It has worked remarkably well. Amway laundry products also work wonderfully! That is all I use!

By Linda (Guest Post)
Best Answer

This sounds very weird, but spray it with oven cleaner, like Easy-off but from dollar store works fine, wait ten minutes, then wash as usual. Spray in a place with good ventilation! Chefs use this on their white coats.

By suzi homemaker (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try putting any clear shampoo on the stain, cover it with salt, and let it sit overnight. Wash the next day. This works well on new and old stains. I shop at yard sales and fleamarkets for clothes and this has gotten alot of stains out.

How do I get a Coke stain out of a white cotton shirt that has been sitting for five days? I just washed it in powered laundry detergent and cold water. I live in Thailand and do not have access to such things as Oxi-clean or bleach.

Also vinegar here is only 5% and the water from the washer and sink runs out on the ground so the solution has to be eco-friendly.

Answers

Best Answer

Soak overnight in hot water in a 5 gallon pail. Add 2T each hydrogen peroxide and powdered dishwasher detergent. Wash as usual in the morning.

Best Answer

Soak in a bucket try baking soda and vinegar.

How do I get Coke out of white summer pants? I have tried soaking and scrubbing them. The pants are a cotton blend.

How do you get Coke stains out of t-shirts?

Rose from Point Clear, AL

Answers

My 4 year old spilled soda (Coke) on two of her colored dresses that are 95% cotton, 5% spandex. I've tried Spray N Wash Stain Stick, Shout gel, Oxy Clean Spray, all to no avail. I think the one dress went through the dryer (just once), before I realized there were stains on it, but the other one has only been air dried.

I purposely bought these dresses a little big so she could wear them next year as well, and she only had them for a couple of months before getting these stains! Can anybody help??

Anne in Pittsburgh

By carol (Guest Post)

My daughter had tried on a white skirt with a black print on it and had managed to spill coke on it. Does any one know how to help? She hasn't even worn the skirt to the occasion she needed to yet please. HELP!

By Brad's (Guest Post)

Just rinse throughly with water, it should come off if not. Use a good stain remover, etc vanish. Wash on hot rinse for 20 min then leave to dry. Good luck.

By Mariana (Guest Post)

Omg I just tried the shampoo and it REALLY worked. I didn't think it would help at all but all but it was all I had near me and I had just spilled coke all over my bed.

It removed it completely! Thank you so much!

By sara (Guest Post)

Shampoo really does work! I swear it!

From: Sara in Akron

Anonymous

I took head and shoulders shampoo and dabbed it on the stains add did a quick wash and it came out great.

Can a Coke stain be removed from canvas and if so, with what?

Answers

You could try.

Fabric

1. Sponge the spot with cool water or soak for about 30 minutes in a basin of cool water.

2. Pretreat with a prewash stain remover.

3. Launder. If it's safe for the fabric, add chlorine bleach to the wash.

Reference)
http://www.good  inks-soda-may07/

from Good Housekeeping:

Fabric

tep 1: Mix a solution of two cups cool water and one tablespoon dishwashing liquid (add one tablespoon of white vinegar if you are trying to remove a soda stain containing dyes such as red, orange or purple dye).

Step 2: Using this solution, sponge the spot with a clean white cloth.

Hint: For each of these cleaning solutions suggested be sure to get the upholstery only as wet as necessary to remove the spot.

Step 3: Next, blot until the liquid is absorbed.

Step 4: Repeat steps 2-3 until the spots are removed from the upholstery, or at least as much of the stain as possible.

Step 5: Now get plain cold water and a new white cloth and sponge the area to remove the cleaning solution, and then blot dry.

Step 6: If the stain is removed, stop. If not, next, sponge the stain with rubbing alcohol, blotting at the stained area until as much of the soda stain comes off as possible.

Step 7: Now get plain cold water and a new white cloth and sponge the area to remove the rubbing alcohol, and then blot dry.

Step 8: If the stain is removed, stop. If not, next, mix a solution of two cups cool water, one tablespoon dishwashing liquid, and one tablespoon of ammonia.

Step 9: Using this solution, sponge the pop stain with a clean white cloth.

Hint: Ammonia can be harmful to some upholstery so be sure to spot test this stain removing solution in an inconspicuous area first to make sure you will not harm your upholstery.

Step 10: Sponge the upholstery with the ammonia solution, blotting at the spot until it is removed.

Step 11: Now get plain cold water and a new white cloth and sponge the area to remove the ammonia solution, and then blot dry.

Hint: The elaborate instructions listed above are best suited toward removing soda stains caused by colored sodas such as orange, red or grape.

From: http://www.stai  soda-stains.html

I spilled coke on my cream colored cotton sweater at a Georgia Bulldog game. I put Shout on it. I am wondering if I should wash it with warm water or cold. I appreciate any help!

By Heather

Someone spilled soda (coca cola) on my brown satin shoes. I took them to the dry cleaners but they said they couldn't remove the stain. How can I remove a stain from satin shoes?

Courtney from Quakertown, PA

Answers

I don't know but maybe you could re-dye them. Hopefully someone knows a good solution.

A salesperson at Ann Taylor told me this today and it worked like a charm. I have cream colored satin shoes that a coke exploded on and I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (I think it's funny that it's advertised on this page) and it worked perfectly! I was pretty excited to save my shoes. Good luck!

My husband got a few cola spots on his tan sport coat and it has been there for a few days. Can I get this out without leaving a permanent stain?

Gloria in Canada

Answers

By Cynthia (Guest Post)

I wish I could remember where I read it but I can't--Nope, the stain is there for good according to what I read. It said there is something in the cola that permanently stains unless you run it under water immediately and even then it's iffy. Now that I've said that, to heck with what they say! Try removing it anyway, just don't ever apply heat to it until you've given up completely. My favorite stain-getter-outer for pesky stuff is Dawn dishwashing liquid. It works when many other things don't. Is the jacket washable? That would be important for using Dawn, or anything else. Club soda also works on things that other stain removers don't remove. You could also try a "dry cleaning" solvent. Good luck with whatever you attempt.

By science removing (Guest Post)

How do I remove the Coke stain from the bottom of my chiffon prom dress?

By Gabi S.

Answers

Send it to the cleaners. As far as I know chiffon isn't washable, and the rest of the dress is probably made out of non-washable fabric too.

I have a juicy couture velour purse that is turquoise and gold. About a year ago I spilled coke on it and didn't do anything about it, just stuck it in a closet. Now, I want to try to get the stain out. What do I do?

Christine from Atlanta, GA

Answers

Because you'll most likely get a "watermark" on it. If I were you, I'd first begin by wetting the WHOLE purse: Start by soaking it in a bowl of slightly warm water for an hour (or overnight). Then I'd try my favorite standby: Hydrogen Peroxide (First, always try any new product on an area where you can't see it, just in case it fades the fabric). The peroxide works by "fizzing" out food stains with oxygen & it leaves no residue & requires no rinsing. You can put it in a well marked spray bottle or just pour it straight out of the bottle. (Then just leave it sit for a while to do it's fizzing thing)

* Peroxide works best on "natural, organic" stains. I know the coke is colored with "Carmel coloring" & it has a type of a sugar in it, so the peroxide may just do the trick. It usually won't work to remove stains made by artificial colors like Jell-O, Kool-aid, or Orange pop. It DOES remove Blood, Cocoa, Coffee, Red Wine & Grape Juice but not Grape kool-aid!

---> But if this were me, I'd take it to the Dry Cleaners & ask them about it before I even THOUGHT of trying ANYTHING myself! Because it's all about fiber content because Velour, Velveteen & Velvet can be made out of anything from Rayon, to Silk, to Cotton. Some can be washed with ease & some need to be dry-cleaned. You may end up with a "crushed velor" purse if you try & clean it yourself. But at least, the coke stain will be gone, one way or another!

How do I remove a Coke stain from a white raincoat?

By Paula