CatsPets

Maggie Mae (Cat)

Maggie Mae is a 5 year old long haired black kitty. I had been telling my husband I wanted a long-haired black cat for about a year. He said we had enough pets (2 dogs). Then the big C hit. Between my surgery and the start of my 6 month chemo, he found my Maggie. Maggie spent the next 6 months laying against whichever part of my body that hurt the most, purring the whole time.

She has been very vocal her entire life. She has been a very special kitty in my life. When she's not fetching twist ties or talking to me, she likes to curl up in the bowl on the coffee table. She weighs close to 20 pounds so its a full bowl.

My cat help me through a rough time. If you find yourself needing a comforting friend, find yourself a Maggie Mae. My kitty was there for the bad and now she's here for a whole bunch of good times.

By Becky from Decatur, AL

Terrific story: A special cat for a special lady!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your Maggie Mae looks a lot like my Whisper and he is very vocal as well. I am so glad that you had your Maggie Mae to help you heal. There is nothing like a cat for comfort and healing, and a beautiful black one just seems to work even better. May you and Maggie Mae have many more long and happy years together.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a great story and such a wonderfully happy ending. Your Maggie Mae is beautiful, and

you are lucky to have one another. Here's wishing you both a long and healthy life together, and hug that sweet hubby of yours. "Only those who truly love us care enough to get the very best".

Thank you for sharing with us Becky. Be well. Julia in Boca Raton, FL

Reply Like this photo? Yes