PlumbingHome

Overflowing Toilet

My toilets started overflowing after Roto-Rooter can out.

Karla from Fleming Island, FL

I suggest you immediately call Roto Rooter and tell them they didn't fix the problem that you 'paid' to be repaired !!! If they try to charge you again I think you should call the proper authorities to file a complaint !!!

A guy I knew had a rubber diaper lodge somehow over the exit of his house's drain line into the main street sewer. Roto rooting only worsened the problem as the loosened debris caught in the diaper which was acting as an intermittent gate valve. The problem was finally discovered by videoing the inside of the sewer pipe.

February 13, 2009 Flag

With quick action, you can limit the amount of water that winds up on your floor from an overflowing toilet. First, take off the back of the toilet and push the stopper or plunger down in the bottom of the tank so it stops allowing water into the bowel. Then reach down behind the toilet and turn off the water value. Then find your handy plunger to take care of the blockage.

Answers:

Overflowing Toilet

When I first read this comment, I panicked!

Never pour hot water into a toilet. Whether porcelain or plastic, hot water can crack a toilet. Then you'll have more of a mess than you started with originally. (07/29/2008)

By RON

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes