Using Tree Bark as Mulch

Can I use fresh cut tree bark as mulch?

By golfgirl from Hawkin, TX

Yes.

I agree. Yes. Denise

If you like roses then you best like tree bark as they do. I grow antique on root roses and tree bark and oak leaves are a given along with a little black cow. My Oak trees vie for the same soil in my sunny spot and the tree bark allows the trees and the roses to feed like they want.

Was your tree taken down due to disease? If yes, then NO. In some states it is illegal to keep the bark from a diseased tree or any part of it for landscaping purposes. Minnesota is one of them. Infact, you cannot buy fire wood or bring in to a state park firewood that is not approved. It must be boughten at the park store. Reason? To make sure no bugs are in the wood that are from diseased trees.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceApril 6, 2009
Dog Barking
Training Dog to Not Bark at Other Dogs
Damaged Tree Bark
Repairing Damaged Tree Bark
Almond Bark
Storing Almond Bark
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch
🎄
🍂