Rain Stains on Suede Shoes

I have these brand new clogs which i think are made out of suede. the style is sometimes called potato shoes. so I was wearing them and it started to rain when I was walking home, and now it just looks like the raindrops on these shoes never dried up. its been 2 days? How do I get rid of this?

Allie from Washington, DC

I use a light brush on them, bring up the suede of the shoes and blend in discoloration. A rag may work, but not as well as a brush.

Try to find a suede brush, or suede stone and brush. The stone is used to remove the stains, and the brush returns the shoes to their former condition. If you live in a cold or rainy climate, you might want to consider getting a water proofing spray. You can find both the suede brush and spray at Walmart or any store like that. Look in the shoe section. By spraying the shoes with a waterproofing spray, you will also protect them from future stains. But you can use the stone and brush to clean them at any time. Suede or Nubuck don't do well in bad weather. A can of spray and a stone and brush will be a very worthwhile investment. HTH

I read along time ago that you can use an emery board to lightly "sand" raindrops off suede shoes. I never buy suede shoes so I never tried it. Hope it works for you. GG Vi

Brushing and rubbing with emory boards work for me.

I live in Portland, Oregon, where it drizzles through the winter. If I get leather or suede shoes, I automatically take them to a shoe repair man and have him spray them with silicone and also apply a very thin waterproof sole. I have shoes that have lasted many years, because I did this when I first bought them.

Single black women's suede boot
Cleaning Rain Stains on Suede Shoes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 17, 2005
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Green Rain Barrel
Make Your Own Rain Barrel
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots