Seal Plastic Bag to Make Air Tight

Cut up a disposable water bottle and keep the neck and top, as in photo.

Insert the plastic bag through the neck and screw on the top to seal.

The bottle is made to be air-tight, so that water will not leak, the secret lies with the top and screw!

This is a great idea to share. Good for us and the environment too.

Source: AOL

By yorkiepoo from Kansas City

I got this in my email with a couple more pics and I think this is a great idea! I'm gonna be using it for sure!

I'm ever so sorry but I don't understand this tip. What is it for? If you cut off the top then push through a bag how can you reattach it back onto the bottle if it's cut off? I am really sorry, I must be a bit dippy today!

Can you explain a little more please?

Thank you,

Monique :)

There must be a second picture missing.

I must be a "visual" person as I am not quite getting this tip. I know it is a good one and one that I will use but having a dipsy moment. Please add so I can see. Thank you.

You beat me to the punch submitting this idea. LOL!

I received this a couple times in emails too during the past month and gave it a try and it does work but neither the plastic bottle and/or the plastic bag can be too thick or it won't work as well. You'll have to experiment. It also works for freezing chopped food or already cooled thick sauces, etc.

Here's the other photo from the emails as an explanation so it's not so confusing. ;-)

i still don't get it.

It makes an airtight bag, not a bottle: I had to read it twice - how can a bottle be cut and then made airtight? and surely it's only "airtight" as long as the bag doesn't get punctured?

Not knocking it completely, it's a good idea that I'd never thought of. I'll have to try it and see.

May 16, 2011 Flag

To make an airtight seal on a plastic bag, use a sharp knife to cut an inch or two off the top of a water bottle or any other plastic bottle that has a screw on lid (milk, juice). Wash and dry the screw on lid and bottle top. You want it as dry as possible. Fill your plastic bag, then push the top of the bag through the plastic bottle top, turning it down over the bottle neck. Work with it until most of the wrinkles and puckers are gone, then place the lid on the bottle top and give it a half turn. Squeeze as much of the air out of your bag as possible and finish closing the bottle top. This works best with dry products, but can be used in many ways, just use your imagination.

Source: http://www.HassiesKitchenTable.com

By fay from Kingsport, TN

Photos OtherOctober 15, 2010
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
Refrigerator Door
Testing a Refrigerator Seal
🎄
🍂