Problems Training a One Year Old Dog to Heel

I have had my Shepherd for a year now and I am having problems with him lunging at people. At one point I thought he would bite. How do I correct him for this?

I am also wondering how come he do doesn't do what he is told. I have been working on him for a year on heeling and he does just OK with it, then he just starts walking past me. He knows these things, but just doesn't listen. I have been doing this since he was 4m old. What is wrong? Please help me and Axel.

By Vickie

You are wise to be concerned about a lunging dog. It sounds like you need some advice from an experience trainer. You could start with some online trainers who post videos. But I would recommend that you find a local trainer with good credentials and get started with them. You need to be able to stop that behavior right away.

A dog and it's owner walking on the beach.
Teaching Your Dog to Heel
Pets Dogs Training AdviceMay 6, 2011
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Remedies for Heel Spurs
Remedies for Heel Spurs
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog