PoultryRecipes

Recipes Using Turkey Thigh Meat

I have meat from turkey thighs extracted myself (I know it's a bit time-consuming) but it's one of the very cheapest I know. Any interesting recipes for using this meat, including when minced?

Thanks,
YT - UK

Here's a recipe I have used and we like it very much. Hope you will too.

Turkey Drumsticks Marinade

1 gallon water

1 cup Tender Quick

5 Tablespoons Liquid Smoke

Mix and pour over drumsticks (can use other meat) and let set for 24 hours. Drain and rinse off. Bake at 350º until done. When I bake it I put some margarine,water and sprinkle some dry onion soup mix over top.

I've never ever seen thighs sold in grocery stores. I even contacted Butterball or one of those places after first seeing this request, but never got a response. I think they use the thigh meat for ground turkey. I sure wish they wouldn't. To me that has the best flavor of any of the turkey parts. I live in Arkansas and none of the stores here stock thighs.

After slicing the boneless raw turkey meat in thin pieces I place them in a plastic bag that has some flour and greek seasoning (I buy in the bulk food store) premixed in it. Shake and fry in olice oil. Very tasty and always a favorite here. Chicken breasts sliced, coated and fried this way are excellent too.

What in the world is Tender Quick and Liquid Smoke?