Selling Clothing

I am new to this site. I would like some advice for selling toddler boys suits, purses with Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, I Love Lucy, and The Wizard Of Oz. I have a very old computer and I can't upload pictures. I don't trust craigslist. tried eBay, but people want to see pictures. Anyone interested or have advice on how to display them?

By Wanaya from Baltimore, MD

At the present time because of our poor economy, sales are really lousy. I've advertised gently used women's clothing on eBay and nothing has sold.

Check with consignment stores in your area. I have a friend who sells a lot of her clothes at consignment stores.

I never buy anything without looking at pics. Your best bet in my opinion is to either find an ebay agent who will take photos for you and then post them for you or buy a newer pc, you can find a tower only for about $200-$300 and do it yourself. Good luck. :)

Try www.Kijiji.com. (Free Ebay Classifieds) We Canadians love it! It's very addictive!

July 19, 2010 Flag

I have dozens of barely worn expensive professional suits, outfits, cocktail dresses, etc. The problem is, every consignment shop states they will not consider anything older than two years. This clothing is so classic, so tailored, similar clothing is shown often in New York Times ads. Does anyone have any bright ideas on how not to just dump clothing?

Thank you.
Janet54304 from Green Bay

Answers:

Selling Clothing

Give them to the ladies abuse shelter. They can start a new job in new clothes. Most leave home with nothing. (05/28/2006)

By Marieaa65

Selling Clothing

Have a garage sale or go to the flea market and rent a space. (05/29/2006)

By Gigi

Selling Clothing

eBay, baby!

Look at the site and use the "search" feature to get an idea of what your items might bring.

Buyers pay for shipping! (05/29/2006)

By Maggie

Selling Clothing

In St. Louis we have a "Dress for Success" program for women who need a little help getting off welfare and getting job. You can donate to them and write it off! (05/30/2006)

By Kathy

Selling Clothing

dressforsuccess.org. It collects business clothes and then offers them to women entering the business world that need business clothes, but money is tight.
I haven't personally dealt with them, but know people who have made donations.
(05/30/2006)

By Cindy

Selling Clothing

You could sell them on eBay. I do like the donation to the women's shelter best, though. You have been blessed enough to be able to afford lovely well made clothes. Now that they no longer serve you, you can do so much good giving a woman who left with nothing more than the clothes on her back, kids on her hips and bruises on her face a presentable, professional outfit that may help her on her way to recovery. That suit you may have worn to a brunch or a social gathering will be special to her because it was THE outfit that got her her first job on the long road to recovery.

Another idea, it may help the post high school graduate get a better job than a burger joint, or maybe a nice dress to wear to church. When you give, those who desperately need it will appreciate it so much more than you will probably ever know. (05/31/2006)

By KLS8800

Selling Clothing

Try the consignment shops in your area or list them on craigslist.org. (06/01/2006)

By bliss

Selling Clothing

The previous posters said almost everything I was going to say. The only thing I can think of to add is posting the items for sale, with pictures if possible, at a community college, technical school, or university. New graduates sometimes have just had jobs that only required uniforms or very casual dress, and until they get that new job they went to college for, they don't have the money to buy a really nice interview dress/suit, or dressy clothes to wear to "networking" parties. (02/25/2009)

By Pinky

stack of clothing
Selling Clothing
Budget & Finance Making MoneyJuly 19, 2010
Glass Block
Selling Glass Block Crafts
Online Shopping
Selling Crafts Online
eBay Logo
Selling On eBay
Selling Clothing on eBay, Blue Evening Dress
Selling Clothing on eBay
🎄
🍂