Make a Cat Balcony

Outside one of my windows, I made a cat balcony. I attached brackets to the wall, put up a shelf, surrounded it with lattice, and put down foam cushions covered with pillowcases and sweaters. One open end has a ramp. By leaving my window open, but blocked, my cats have access in and out all day and a balcony lounge!

By CS7 from Salem, OR

Thank you for the fantastic idea! I'm going to do this on a couple of our windows! One thing tho, I'm going to line the lattice with screening to keep the flies and other bugs out of the house. This is such a great idea tho. I just can't get over it! Also can't wait to get started on it, and can't wait for spring to come so my Shassy can sit out there!

Thank you again so much!

Pets CatsDecember 10, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Patio and Balcony Gardening
Patio and Balcony Gardening
🎄
🍂